Tuesday, September 27

A little pick me up

As most of my readers already know, I am a die-hard Flamin' Hot Cheetos FANATIC. Every time I visit the US, I have multiple bags in my clutches throughout the trip, I stuff bags to bring back to NZ with me, and I beg anyone that listens to PLEASE send them to me at any time it takes their fancy. So my dear friend, Tara, heard my plea and this is what turns up on our doorstep last week - 


I am so grateful when someone goes to the effort of getting these to me. And what an effort Tara made, this box is FULL OF 'EM! Notice her return address? I love it. So fitting.

And she totally deserves this title because last year, when I was pregnant with Ashley, a box turned up on my doorstep full of these wonderful treats! I'm sure they prompted Ashley's early arrival because I had barely tucked into the first bag when I went into labor. I even posted on Facebook something like, "Wow these flamin hot cheetos are going to bring on my labor". Snort! So they did. So they did.

Wyatt really enjoyed eating them then, and this time is no different. Two mornings in a row, he begged, cajoled, and nagged for these chips for breakfast. We compromised and had them for a morning snack instead. I wasn't sure if Ashley would like them, but by the photo, no problems there either! Yay, my little beaner kids continue to enjoy the spicy side of my diet. 

So thank you, my beautiful friend. I am so blessed we are still in touch after all these years! [Tara is one of a few high school BFF's that is still in touch]

In my hour of need, of feeling hopelessly homesick...tired...unmotivated...my favorite junk food arrives and I am revived. Until I eat them all and need more. Nom, nom, nom.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story I think you should send your story to frito lay and they will send you some too. lol
http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/cheetos.html

Love Aunt Vickie

Tara Sartain said...

This was the most thoughtful thank you note I have ever received. Love it. Enjoy your munchies Jamie!

Jamie Swan said...

Ok Aunt Vickie. Post sent to Frito-Lay. Wonder what they'll think of their NZ addict?

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I'm so happy you read it!