Sunday, September 26

Creepy Crawlies

Alister has taken Wyatt and Ashley out for a little while and I've decided to continue sorting out Wyatt's room. I have accumulated a few things towards his theme and want to see how its coming together / what I'm missing.

I'm putting a tea towel printed with various crawlies in a black frame. (Washed, cut to size, and ironed first). It's disappointing the images can't fit entirely into the frame and I'll have to miss out on the end of the lizard's tail, but I like the number of images that are on the tea towel and I think that's worth more than the end of the tail!

Next, I have the bug wall art that I found on etsy.com; thank you Jocelyn for recommending I check there. The bugs aren't quite what I thought from the picture...some of the bodies of the bugs include a greyscale 1)map over Africa, Europe or, 2)  newsprint image on top of the color. I've decided to use the ants and spiders over small canvases. I'll paint the canvases brown and adhere the ants in a marching pattern. If I can sort out a spider web image, I'll place the spiders on the other canvas done up as a web.

The whole bug sheet
Most of the ants in browns

The spiders are bluey
Geeze, I wish I could all of these photos to fit on one line! Its annoying me and I've wasted the last few minutes playing around their format with no luck!

Finally, I have three bugs made out of recycled metal (don't have a picture yet) that I will make into a hanging mobile, staggering the length of each wire so the bugs are at different heights.

If I could just make up my mind whether to repaper Wyatt's walls or leave well enough alone. The wallpaper is outdated, but still in good nic. It will take a few months to sort out new wall paper and it will inconvenience Wyatt too when I have to get in there to strip it and hang it.  Hmmm, I'm really tempted to leave it as it is. Oh, well, I don't have to decide on that right now. There's plenty to do still preparing the creepy-crawlie decorations.

3 comments:

Ali C. said...

That sounds like a cool design for a room. Etsy has so much stuff I can spend hours on there!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see pictures! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow you are a decorator too. Yes, I agree pictures please. Love to you Vickie

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I'm so happy you read it!