- Potato, bacon, leek Soup
- Sausage Rolls
- Lamb shanks in spiced curry gravy
- Pancakes
- Pork Roast
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Quiche
- Carrot Kumera Soup
- Baked Steak
- Nachos
- Roast Lamb
- Russian Bangers & Mash
- Greek Mince Pitas
- Beef Wraps
- Scones
I wasn't much of a SAHM the first two weeks. By limiting my lifting, carrying, and twisting movements, I didn't have a lot of contact with the kids. Wyatt enrolled in his daycare full-time, temporarily and after 3 weeks, he'll go back to part-time Monday. As hard as it is in the final trimester to plan for an inquisitive, smart, independent little boy's day, he does need to be home with us as much as possible to keep him in the Swan groove!
Now communicating in 2-3 word sentences and say "yeah" or "no" the tears of frustration don't last nearly as long. We've managed to put off potty training to keep it simple for the newborn's arrival. Wyatt whips over all the fences in our section and wanders around the paddocks or up the farm race to the old dairy shed. This hasn't posed any problems yet, apart from trying to figure out which direction he went. He is learning a lot of opposites at the moment: slow-fast; hot-cold; asleep-awake. Its so special watching this knowledge grow!
Ashley climbs on everything, but doesn't walk with holding on to furniture, walls, windows, or the like...resorting to crawling if there's nothing available to hold onto to. As I type, she's standing on her box of blocks looking out the window. LOL. Up until a couple of days ago, I could put her outside on the deck with the understanding she wouldn't get off the deck. But she realized that its easy to do, she just have to turn around, slide down feet first over the two steps, crawl across the driveway and make her way up to the sandpit (where I found her two days ago in between changing over the laundry). Now we get to teach her about the "owies" you get from going "bumpp-bump" off the retaining wall! She says "row-row", "hiyee", "uh-oh", "meh-meh" (milk), not to mention various guttural throat noises in between her words. Ashley sits in drawers, baskets, bowls...anything she can fit her butt in.
Wyatt has been teaching her how to use the battery operated motorbike, first giving her rides around the house and now she's getting on it by herself and understands that pushing that button makes her "go"! Now its a matter of steering so we don't have to keep repositioning her around furniture.
Well #3 has incubated a further 3 1/2 weeks and we are nearly 36 weeks. Not to mention, a lot more relaxed if it decided to arrive now. I've picked up my pace this last week and getting Wyatt to school and taking Ashley to Music and Playcentre. Getting lots of niggles, this is the niggliest baby I've carried! Its fine, it reminds me to sit down during the day and pace myself. I just tell myself one of these times will lead to the birth and that's exciting! I'm mentally prepared to do what my body is made to do. We are really looking forward to getting to this wee one soon!
2 comments:
Hello Jamie: I love reading your blog. The pictures are so cute. It is good news to know that you are doing so well. I am looking forward to the news of your third child's arrival. Love Aunt Vickie
Congrats on making it to 36 weeks! One more week and you're full term. So glad you've pulled through these last few weeks and are feeling more relaxed. I am now officially hungry after reading your blog, and if I was still living in Taranaki I'd be over to devour some of that delicious-sounding food. Ahem, I mean I'd pop over to give you a break! ;) hehe Can't wait to meet your new addition!
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I'm so happy you read it!