All flashed out with lovely collaged photos...
Full of noteworthy anecdotes of experience...
Brimming with insightful commentary on the ordeal...
Instead, its only going to be a quick note because as usual, a new mommy is sleep deprived, delirious, on a 24-hour clock, doesn't even know what day it is, can't remember when she last ate, thankful her milk is finally in, grateful her body parts are starting to cope with the demands of her infant, trying to apply the spare 2 minutes before the infant screams for a feed to writing this post.
The Swan Family proudly introduces its final member: Quaid William Swan. He was born Wednesday, June 15th at 12:35 am after an intense, 2 1/2 hour active labor, he came to meet us in a drug-free, water birth. Can I just say that I am truly proud of myself for accomplishing this birth with no pain relief? No gas...no pethidine (I never had an epidural with any of my births), just rescue remedy and my own body's way of coping (which will have to be a post for a later date but apparently, I have a gift of singing my babies out??!!?? According to the midwife, that is). Quaid, those last weeks really ripped mommy up. From new angry red stretch marks on my belly, to a back that was sore from the weight of you, all 8lb 1oz of you arrived healthy and rearing to go. I stretched to accommodate all 21 inches of your long body. You are just perfect!
| Moments after the birth |
| Skin to skin with his dad |
| One week old |
Quaid has settled into a lovely wee newborn. The first five days were very hard, he screamed and screamed from 9pm to 12 - 1 am. The old nurses told me he was a hungry wee lad and needed my milk to hurry up and come in. Which was true, once my milk was in, he has calmed down and is settled just wonderfully!
My mind is at peace...
My family is complete...
We can make a start on our family traditions...
I can chase after my children unencumbered...
I love that I am blessed with two boys and one girl...Ashley, mama's precious daughter, I am so happy you are my one and only fellow female in this house dominated by males!
I throw myself into motherhood now with the zest of a woman who knows she'll never have to be heavy with child again. Whew....so glad to close THAT chapter of my life. And thrilled to start the chapter of our complete family.
6 comments:
This is Aunt Sherri..So proud of you Jamie...love you! Welcome to the world little Quaid. <3
Beautiful Jamie, gorgeous photos too. Well done!
Well Done you! All the best people have 2 boys and a girl... Well, we do anyway! Fantastic photo's and fantastic memories of your babies so far. Here's to many more to come! Gillian xx
Love the pictures! Black and white makes them extra special. :-) Congrats on your new little one. SO very proud of you for making it drug free! And a waterbirth, love it! Take care friend, miss you lots.
I have just discovered your updated blog. I am so excited to hear the details and the pictures are awesome. You are amazing Jamie I love you very much. Aunt Vickie
Wonderful post and lovely photos! Please expound on the singing part when you have a chance. Your new little guy is just precious. I am so happy your sweet little family is complete. Enjoy every moment. Keep sharing-I adore reading your posts. :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I'm so happy you read it!