Sunday, December 19

Toddler Learning

Raising a toddler means that some days can be truly amazing. Yesterday, Wyatt seemed to be on track to just figure everything out! I have miniature tongs that I use for salads and the odd small frying job that he has taken a liking to this week. Until yesterday, he just wandered around holding them. After a quick demonstration of bigger (tongs open) to little (tongs closed) he grabbed them out of my hand and started using them to pick up his blocks and place into their basket, one after another. A bit of frustration when the lock would slide down and if his little hand was holding the tongs too far down and he couldn't squeeze them shut. But all in all, he really enjoyed mastering the tongs. A little while later, he found his train whistle, which he's never understood to be a whistle. I blew in it a couple of times. Wyatt took over and happily whistled the next 20 minutes! Go Wyatt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the tong and whistle stories. While at Mom and Dad's Wyatt kept running to the gate in the backyard. He knew it was the way out and he wanted that gate opened. I picked him up and explained to him the controls were in the box on the house near the gate. He caught on quick and next time he went that way pointed at the gate and then went to the box to let me know those were the controls. He is one smart boy. I really enjoyed spending time with him. thanks for sharing love Aunt Vickie

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I'm so happy you read it!