Saturday, November 12

Sun, sand, and ice cream!

That's how the Swans like to experience Opunake Beach. And every year, it gets better and better.



For this trip in October, we took our nephew along too.  It was a great day for the kids to play on the beach. The wind was calm and it was a warm day. 


Unexpectedly, Ashley was all about the seagulls and followed them . . . ANYWHERE. 

Wyatt was a lot more respectful of the waves this time and held back. Stayed in the general area Alister was. Our nephew loved it all, especially the ice cream under the tree. I amused myself on the sand with Quaid. He listened to everything happening around him.

We look forward to our next trip to Opunake. I for one, intend to collect some driftwood to make my Christmas tree project I recently pinned on pinterest. Looking forward to making it after finding the starfish for the top down at the port of New Plymouth yesterday. And of course, it will be great to add another year to the Boxing Day Opunake memories!





 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great pictures, love the ice cream face! :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I'm so happy you read it!